- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
"Who made these? They are amazing!" Those are the words every host loves to hear. Appetizers are often not the focal point of a meal, but good ones can steal the show.
There is no better way to kick off a party or dinner than with a plate of grilled jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and bacon. The memory of this appetizer will live beyond the party.
You do not have to purchase a jalapeño roaster to pull this off, but it is preferred. For those who do not want to utilize a jalapeño roaster, you will have to cut your jalapeños horizontally (lengthwise) and lay them on the grill.
- Cook the bacon until it is nice and crispy and break it into tiny pieces.
- Cut the tops off of the jalapeños and carve out all of the seeds and rind on the inside. (Be careful not to puncture the bottom or side of the jalapeño.)
- Place the cream cheese and bacon into a pan on low heat. Cook slowly until the cheese melts into a paste. The bacon and cream cheese are more than sufficient, but feel free to throw in some of your favorite spices for added flavor.
- Spoon the cream cheese into the jalapeños from the top. Make sure and get the cream cheese and bacon all the way to the bottom. Leave a little bit overflowing at the top so it can brown a little on the grill.
- Place the jalapeños on the jalapeño roaster and put them on the grill at 400°F for about 15 minutes. You will see the bottoms of the jalapeños begin to darken, when they have softened they are done.