- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
Lemon Chess Pie
Expand your horizons and be prepared to cook anything from an appetizer to a dessert and everything in between on the Big Green Egg.
This Lemon Chess Pie has the perfect blend of sweet and savory. The fresh lemon zest has just the right pop and the smoky crust flavor balances it out perfectly. This is a great addition and finish to any meal.
It's best to let the pie rest and cool for about an hour in the refrigerator after taking it off the Big Green Egg. Serve the pie with some fresh whipped cream.
The pizza stone is optional, but does promote a more even bake.
- Pie Crust - 1
- Butter - 1 Stick
- Sugar - 1 ½ Cups
- Vanilla - 2 teaspoons
- Vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- Eggs - 3 (mix one at a time with above ingredients)
- Flour - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Zest - 2 lemons
- Pecans - ½ Cup
- Heat the Big Green Egg to 350°F using indirect heat with a plate setter (legs up) and a pizza stone on top of the grid.
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl, add sugar and mix.
- Add vanilla and mix
- Add vinegar and mix
- Add 1 egg to above mixture and mix.
- Add 2nd egg and mix
- Add 3rd egg and mix
- Add flour and mix
- Add Lemon Zest and mix
- Add chopped pecans and mix
- Pour mixture into pie crust
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350°F
- Let pie rest and refrigerate it for an hour. Serve and enjoy!
Source: BBQ Outfitters in Southlake, Texas