- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
Pepperoni and Bacon Pizza
Experiment with the ingredients of your choosing and let us know how it turns out. Make sure to use the flour generously as you roll out the dough on the pizza peel. If the dough sticks to the pizza peel it can be very difficult to transfer the dough to the pizza stone.
- Pizza Dough - 1
- Flour - Generously
- Pizza Sauce - 1 Cup
- Mozzarella Cheese - 1 Cup
- Pepperoni - As Needed
- Bacon - As Needed
- Heat the Big Green Egg to 600°F. Leave the pizza stone in the Big Green Egg so that it is hot when you insert the pizza.
- Roll out dough to your desired pizza size and crust style. It is easiest to do this directly on the pizza peel. Be sure to use flour generously underneath the pizza because it will help prevent the dough from sticking to the pizza peel.
- Add your favorite pizza sauce to the dough. We chose a marinara sauce for this pizza, but feel free to be creative with other sauces.
- Top the pizza with the ingredients (mozzarella, pepperoni, and bacon). Add or subtract any ingredients as you like and be sure to let us know how it turns out!
- Slide the pizza off of the pizza peel and onto the pizza stone that has been warming in the Big Green Egg.
- Bake the pizza on the Big Green Egg for 8-9 minutes.
- After 8-9 minutes open the Big Green Egg, slide the pizza peel underneath the pizza and rotate it 180°. This will help ensure that your pizza cooks evenly on all sides.
- Allow the pizza to bake for another 7-9 minutes, or until the crust and cheese is golden brown.
- The pizza will cool as you cut it into slices with a pizza wheel.