- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4h 00 min
St. Louis Style Ribs
If you are looking for a tender, meaty, and flavorful rib recipe, then look no further. These St. Louis style ribs are great for a family dinner, a neighborhood party, or for the big game.
Experiment with different dry rubs and let us know how they turn out.
- 1 hour before you put the ribs on the Big Green Egg apply mustard evenly to both sides of the rack. We like to put a little bit more mustard on the meaty side of the ribs.
- Immediately after applying mustard, generously apply your dry rub to the ribs.
- Cover the ribs with some foil and allow the meat to sit for 1 hour.
- If you are planning on using wood chunks, place them in the Big Green Egg. We recommend using pecan chunks for a nice mild smoke flavor.
- Heat the Big Green Egg to 225°F.
- Place the ribs into the rib rack for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours at 225°F take the ribs out, close the Big Green Egg to maintain temperature, and wrap the ribs in heavy duty foil. Remove the rib rack and place ribs directly on the grid.
- Cook for 2 more hours at 225°F.